Available Position: Social Strategy Supervisor
At Amélie, we believe in making a positive impact in people’s lives through the work we do. Many of our clients are driven by a noble purpose, and we strive to push the creative edge for them every day. We’re looking for a new fAmélie member to join us in this mission and grow with us together!
The Social Strategy Supervisor is responsible for the social output of all clients at Amélie. This client-facing role will lead the social expertise inside the agency, possessing the vision and mentorship to grow a team and the entrepreneurship to build a program. She/he will be astutely familiar with the details of the entire social landscape, energized by collaboration and never too bothered to dig into the ‘doing.’
The Social Strategy Supervisor is a social native with brand experience across different categories, ideally at an agency, building strategy and seeing it through to execution. This role is confident acting as the champion for the social process, allowing for thoughtful discussion but never afraid to voice an opinion that can be supported by insight, analytics and industry best practices. The Social Strategy Supervisor will manage two direct reports.
- Determine the best ways to connect our brands, causes and initiatives to their audience by informing and inspiring the creative team
- Redefine the operations of a results-driven social program within the agency by developing and implementing effective methodologies and processes for workflow
- Serve as the primary contact for the multiple internal client teams as well as having a strong client presence during strategic planning and heavily active phases
- Education of internal and client teams on everchanging landscape, best practices and the value of social
- Overall strategic direction and daily decision making for each social client (this includes staying involved throughout the creative process)
- Supervise social team, currently inclusive of two people, along with allotted hours dictated by client budgets and estimated levels of effort
- Support new business development efforts with points of view for proposals and pitching
- Monitor market, cultural and social trends to assess impact on audience behavioral shifts, platform abilities relevant to client business. Communicate those changes to team while providing actionable insights and tactical recommendations
- Co-develop social briefs and co-brief creative teams
- Develop, oversee content calendaring/scheduling
- Supervise the development of social guidelines and voice
- Manage vendor communication and relationships, inclusive of finding new partners
- Shepherd financial contracts with vendors and media partners, manage campaign budgets and perform/supervise monthly invoicing
- Supervise influencer partnerships, tools and campaigns, actively engaging with relevant industry influencers on social
- Collect and synthesize analytics across paid, earned, owned and shared channels via performance, social listening tools, any existing primary and secondary market research, business analysis and competitive data and translate those into strategic insights to inform both optimization and creative marketing strategies. Recommendations for improvement, including analysis on creative and placement, can be made either during monthly/campaign reporting, during ad hoc requests by the account team or during planning or new business pitches.
- Manage and perform monthly reporting to drive optimization, proactively seeking better approaches for all clients
- Partner with the Paid Media Team to optimize client channel calendar, including influencer and added value campaigns
- Troubleshoot errors, reporting discrepancies and delivery issues
Be able to:
- Act and manage with little supervision
- Prioritize client involvement based on need, budget, opportunity
- Provide strong, confident points of view to internal teams and clients with confidence and comfort in presenting to both
- Have fiscal responsibility to manage a team and a team’s budget
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure all client deliverables align to strategy and are on time
- Take ownership of processes and proactively work to improve the agency adoption
- Understand the technology driving the business in order to stay on top of trends, adapting to new tools or algorithm changes
- Proactively manage expectation of clients and account team
- Aggressively spot patterns and surface actionable insights
- Contribute to and recommend increasing levels of innovation in data and analytics
- Understand client business requirements and design tailored reporting and analysis approaches
- Ability to manage daily workload and meet concurrent deadlines on multiple projects with strong attention to detail
- Fundamental understanding of and proven experience in the social media landscape including (but not limited to): audience targeting, channels (paid, earned, owned), content strategy, influencers, community management, voice/tone, paid strategies
- Exceptional organization skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Deep knowledge of tools (SMMS, influencer, listening, etc.) with strong analytic skills (proficient in analyzing and interpreting social data)
- Experience in influencer marketing
- Experience with real-time listening for real-time engagement (using tools like Pulsar, Nuvi, Radian6, etc.)
- Skilled user of Google Business Suite tools and experience with web analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience distilling complex data into simple KPIs and data visualizations/ dashboards/ scorecards
- Experience writing clear and concise presentations for client summarizing data insights, outcomes and implications in a straightforward and enlightening way for clients
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and execute detailed, efficient and innovative paid social media campaigns
- Deep knowledge of the advertising agency creative process
- Agency experience and/or experience working with multiple accounts simultaneously
- Experience with project management tools like Basecamp and FunctionPoint are a bonus, along with SMMS tools such as Sprout Social and Hootsuite
OTHER AMELIE SPECIFICS
- An entrepreneurial, positive attitude and a desire to do good, meaningful work
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Summer Fridays and generous PTO policy
- One (1) Flex Spring Day
- One (1) “Colorado Day” to enjoy the state
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Free parking!
- Oh, and we want to have fun. We work hard so that we can play hard—and have time for the things Colorado has to offer.
Please send resume, cover letter, and any relevant work to email@example.com. Please include in your email where you found this job posting.
Sign Up for The Amelie Newsletter!