The SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER ensures that client needs are met by monitoring and guiding account team activities, and by maintaining an effective level of direct contact with clients. Along with the Account Supervisor, the Senior Account Manager bears responsibility for each account’s profitability, and the professional development of junior account team members. The Senior Account Manager must exhibit the ability to develop relationships with senior leadership and the creative team, as well as set a positive example in handling difficult situations such as client requests outside of the normal scope with other team members. Additionally, 30% of the Senior Account Manager’s time will be dedicated to business development.
This person has demonstrated outstanding performance as an Account Manager. Advanced verbal/written communications skills, strategic and analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics are a requirement. Must be a capable project and account manager, with team-building skills and mentoring abilities. A clear understanding of today’s marketing and advertising business, a keen sense of entrepreneurship and a passion for advertising are essential.
Works independently or with an Account Supervisor. Mentors and trains Account Manager and Assistant Account Manager. The Senior Account Manager does not have the same level of autonomy as an Account Supervisor, and should be collaborating with the Account Supervisor or Managing Director, Account on a regular basis before moving forward with important decisions.
Reports to the Account Supervisor
Experience: 4+ years
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Full understanding of how an agency works and the creative process
- Ability to develop and help sell an effective presentation
- Broad industry knowledge and a passion for advertising
- Superior project management skills, detail-oriented, pride of ownership, accountable, team player, organized, and a strategic-thinker
- Ability to collaborate across account, creative, social media, PR and media departments
- Eagerness to learn the overall strategy of the client’s business as well as understand the overall marketing mix
- Ability to review, comprehend and share feedback to a group
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as needed and with little notice
- Strong knowledge of Keynote and CRM management
- Accountable for on-time delivery of projects through collaboration with internal agency teams from inception through completion
- Manage day-to-day activities with clients
- Manage client projects from proposals through invoicing, including assisting in writing creative briefs, coordinating creative reviews, writing change orders, and stewarding campaigns throughout the process to ensure they are on-time, on-budget and on-strategy
- Assist in the development of advertising campaigns including broadcast, print, digital, social and non-traditional mediums
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency of all produced materials
- Organize and execute brainstorms, market research and focus groups
- Coordinate with Project Manager, TV producers, web developers, printers and other outside vendors as projects dictate
- Present campaign plans and proposals to Account Supervisor and/or Client for review/approval
- Provide updates of Client activity to Supervisor, Director, Creative team and/or Project Manager
- Provides updates to Client as requested by Supervisor
- Identify and present problems to Supervisor along with possible solutions
- Own the billing process. Update monthly profitability results per project
- Familiarity with media plans and the media planning process, management of analytics reporting and ensuring readiness for client review
- Responsible for managing our new business team needs, in terms of managing and coordinating the written responses, determining internal needs for RFP responses and creating written decks utilizing existing content and/or managing needs for new content from internal resources (3-4 per year)
- Time management using agency software program
- Fill-in as AM for other clients and projects on occasion
- Minimal office/administrative duties such as filing, archiving
$60,000 – $70,000 annual salary based on experience. Benefits include 20 days PTO, Simple IRA match, health insurance benefits, paid holidays + office closure from Dec 24 – Jan 1, flexible hybrid work model and more.