The Agency Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing the overall agency marketing plan based upon the strategic direction of the company and managing the tactical marketing functions of the organization. S/he tracks all agency marketing channels including website content, SEM, social media content development, e-newsletters, and public relations. This person works closely with team members on content development and contributes as well.
This role fulfills the agency’s new business development activities by coordinating with team members and participating in agency promotional activities and opportunities. S/he qualifies new business leads and prospects for the agency according to a predefined set of client criteria and manages the proposal development process. Manages emails to and maintains the prospect database, makes appointments, cold calls leads and prospects, looks for new leads, creates prospect profiles, attends events, and stays up to date on correspondence relating to all prospective clients.
Reports to the CEO
- Develops agency marketing plan and directs agency marketing team in the execution of the plan.
- Utilizes best agency practices to keep agency relevant in evolving business environment.
- Serves as a point of contact for the community and the media for information and news about the agency and its activities.
- Guides the PR team in obtaining coverage of the agency and its personnel in appropriate media; assists in writing features and press releases.
- Coordinates all agency promotion, marketing, and award show submissions.
- Suggests opportunities to highlight the agency’s work through awards and creative submissions.
- Initiates and leads the development of agency marketing materials such as the website, case study videos, promotional content, etc.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on agency marketing activities and provides recommendations for improvement.
New Business Responsibilities:
- Leads execution of the agency’s new business program, including GSA schedule activities, resulting in increased qualified prospects.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data on present and prospective new business clients.
- Keeps timely contact with prospects through regular emails, mailings, phone calls, and meetings.
- Maintains the prospect database including primary, secondary, and general target prospects.
- Creates, refines, and documents the sales system to allow training of future new business staff.
- Looks for new business leads by building contacts with selected industry trade publications and organizations; represents agency in the community through business/civic organizations.
- Keeps agency leadership apprised of all business development efforts and leads; involving agency leads as appropriate.
- In concert with agency leads, provides accurate estimates and timelines to prospective clients.
Pitch Management Responsibilities:
- Serves as point of contact for all RFP/RFIs.
- Creates or assigns responsibility for all content requested through RFPs.
- Works with creative and account teams to provide best business case for agency selection.
- Works with traffic department to ensure timelines are met.
- Oversees agency submissions for accurate content, format, and timely delivery.
- Assigns roles or tasks to agency personnel for presentations as appropriate.
- Communicates all necessary information to the agency.
Account Service Responsibilities:
- During onboarding, communicates effectively between the agency and new clients to assure smooth transition from prospect to client status and increase client longevity.
- Assists in initial strategy sessions to assure that knowledge, ideas, and strategies discussed during the proposal phase are carried forward.
- Assists account service team and fills in roles as necessary to facilitate rapid agency growth.
- Expert Keynote, PowerPoint deck building skills
- KEAP or other CRM application experience required
- Excellent written communications skills using Office (Word, Excel) and email
- Google Drive and Google Docs expertise
- GSA Contract Experience a plus
$70,000 – $80,000 annual salary based on experience. Benefits include 20 days PTO, 401K match, health insurance benefits, paid holidays + office closure from Dec 24 – Jan 1, flexible hybrid work model, relocation expense reimbursement available for out of state candidates and more.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.