If you are a curious individual who enjoys researching and learning about different cultures, subjects, consumers and companies, this is the job at Amélie Company is for you. As a Strategic Planner, you will work closely with agency account and creative teams to research and develop relevant marketing strategies filled with insights that help connect the dots to meet our client’s business objectives. For Amélie, you will be responsible for creating business and consumer strategy briefs, presentations and points-of-view that inform agency and client teams to guide marketing and communications efforts.
The Strategic Planner embraces clients and consumers as partners in the process of developing marketing strategies, using research and their input at every stage of the process to inform and inspire creative ideas, and guide and validate the resulting integrated marketing campaigns. In this role, the Strategic Planner interacts with creative and account service teams; conducts research or defines additional research needs; hires/manages third party research firms; works with channel team experts; collaborates with key client stakeholders and end users/consumers. As a result, the Strategic Planner is responsible for the development and formulation of a plan for directing creative communications solutions and drafting the creative brief based on consumer insights.
Specifically, this individual plays a key role in generating business and marketplace insights that aid in the development of a brand, product or consumer marketing strategy/positioning through a variety of information-gathering techniques. This person will have a high level of client contact and must be comfortable assuming a leadership position delivering client presentations and during client calls.
Reports to the Executive Creative Director
- Organizes strategic planning activities for new business and existing clients
- Links branding and advertising to broader business or behavior change objectives.
- Works with creative teams and leverages their skills in implementing integrated marketing strategies
- Is familiar with qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Coordinates research and analysis in the process of developing marketing plans and creative strategies for projects, campaigns and all-encompassing strategic marketing efforts
- Supports the internal teams in developing marketing plans and strategies
- Works collaboratively with agency personnel, client personnel and management, and with consumers or key stakeholders as they are involved in the creative planning process
- Oversees focus groups and other forms of primary research, including third party partners
- Understands the impact of the growth of social media and the internet, as well as how enterprise-wide and internet technologies affect branding and advertising for leading companies; can apply this understanding to development of new plans and strategies
- Brings an understanding of customer relationship management and relationship marketing concepts to the planning process
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields is required: Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Science or Business Administration; an MBA or Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in strategic planning disciplines
- Professional experience with an advertising agency, interactive agency, PR firm or a large corporation, focusing on marketing communications, brand management and/or the positioning and promotion of strategic business initiatives
- Experience working on a variety of projects spanning multiple industries and brand categories– experience with behavior-change campaigns is preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as search engines, trade journals, research reports and cross-tabulated survey data
- Skilled in drafting research reports, presentations and general business correspondence
- Ability to effectively support presentation of research results to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Excellent reasoning ability: to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Amélie Company offers competitive salary, benefits and an exceptional work environment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.