Senior Art Director
Think of the Senior Art Director as the conductor of the symphony. S/he should know how each piece of creative fits into a creative execution. Candidates should present superior visual and conceptual skills along with knowledge on how to bring ideas to life through production. Working in the creative department, the Senior Art Director is a mentor and a professional communicator capable of grasping communication challenges and devising imaginative solutions. Above all at Amélie we ask our creatives not only to be passionate about what they create but the clients they create it for.
Reports to the Creative Director/Chief Creative Officer.
- Collaborate with creative team members to determine the concept and direction of our clients’ branding and advertising initiatives
- Participate in strategic brainstorming, campaign development and creative execution based on the creative brief
- Partner with designers and copywriters to concept ideas based off of creative briefs
- Manage and coordinate work with designers, production artists and outside vendors including photographers, video producers and illustrators
- Interact with account planner and project teams to understand business objectives, audience demographics and psychographics
- Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into visually engaging and effective concepts
- Execute a wide variety of production projects: video, websites, ambient stunts, print, social, etc.
- Mentor and direct junior members of the team
- Maintain high standards of quality and be able to present ideas internally and externally to clients
- Able to write scripts and headlines when needed
- Highly conceptual
- Exceptional design skills
- Self-sufficient and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiar with TV production
- Ability to mentor younger team members
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Basic knowledge of photography, design and film production
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- 10 or more years of experience
Not Mandatory but Good to Have
- Video Editing
Please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.