We’re looking for a well-organized, like-able, resourceful, flexible and multitasking team player who possesses an extraordinary attention to detail. If you have a roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and real passion for all aspects of creative project management, you are the perfect Project Manager.
The Project Manager plans, organizes and executes agency campaigns from start to finish. S/he establishes schedules, forecasts workloads, and tracks milestones on simultaneous campaigns and projects to ensure timely delivery of the highest quality. Responsible for the flow of work through the agency, from internal scheduling through delivery, the Project Manager facilitates movement of all jobs throughout the agency.
From time-to-time, the Project Manager may need to flag resource conflicts and internal risks so priority decisions can be made and/or client can be notified. Candidate must have strong communications skills and the ability to develop trusting working relationships with internal/external vendors and partners.
- Responsible for the ongoing flow of all creative projects within the agency. Ensuring all pertinent team members have reviewed and approved at appropriate milestones during project development.
- Build out plans for projects by identifying requirements, dependencies and building schedules to manage according deadlines.
- Handle the day-to-day project assignments within the creative team via our project management system, Function Point.
- Tracks and updates milestones across all projects.
- Works closely with the Creative and Production team to accurately track time and expenditures for each project, managing to the scope of each project.
- Actively reviews projects daily/weekly to foresee any potential roadblocks, works to identify potential solutions and promptly communicates them to appropriate team members.
- Communicates weekly status updates on schedules, resources, risks and dependencies. Lead weekly status meetings to work through issues and set priorities for the week.
- Works closely with the Account Service team to ensure we are delivering on our client and internal deadlines.
- Reviews feedback and direction to make certain we have communicated clear next steps to team members.
- Traffics final materials to media outlets, vendors, and/or clients.
- Proofreads all artwork/digital proofs (or schedules proofreading personnel).
Experience, knowledge, skills, abilities:
- 2-4+ years of experience in creative project management in an advertising/creative services agency setting. Ideally, a background in managing print, video and digital projects preferred.
- Hands-on experience working in a project management system to manage workflow. Experience with vendor management a plus.
- Multi-tasker with experience in managing and controlling creative workflow processes; ensuring all projects are tracked and monitored simultaneously; securing, allocating and shifting resources (internally within the agency as well as externally); and managing ahead to meet all critical deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to develop timelines, budgets, and estimates – by determining hourly and material resources needed for each project with direction from the various team leads.
- Strong work ethic, professional attitude, trustworthy, desire to excel, and passionate about agency work.
- Clear communicator, clearly, concisely and accurately, verbally and in writing, including strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to mediate and cope with rapid change and be comfortable with problem solving while maintaining calm under pressure.
- Attention to detail and strong sense of personal responsibility to see the projects through at each stage while establishing solid internal agency working relationships.
- Must be able to take direction and work as part of a close-knit team, at times stepping outside of your daily tasks to assist team members to meet agency and client deadlines.
- Maturity and ability to recognize and elevate issues affecting job quality, due dates and costs to the Director of Production, Creative Director(s) and Account Service team.
Please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.