Group Creative Director
The Agency GCD is responsible for the overall inspiration and supervision of the agency’s creative product, from understanding how insights inspire ideas, to concept development, design, copy and final execution. This leader assigns all creative projects within the agency and approves all creative work before presented to the client.
The agency creative lead will have a unique vision and point of view and be willing to inspire, create and fight for great work. S/he works in partnership with the account team, strategic planning and the channel team to effectively deliver strategic creative campaigns. S/he manages and mentors the creative department and helps secure new business by developing winning pitches with the core Amélie pitch team.
As part of the Amélie leadership team that includes other department heads and agency owners, this valued team member will have the opportunity for long-term career growth within the agency.
This position has a direct reporting relationship to the CEO.
- Directs the creative product, oversees creative solutions and strives for excellence from concept through completion of the work
- Works closely with internal Amélie team to solve marketing problems through smart, strategic messaging that helps sell a product, ideas, or change attitudes and behaviors
- Supervises the entire work output for all creative campaigns and initiatives and supervises the entire creative department from concepting to production
- Manages, mentors, trains and inspires the creative team
- Sets goals for the creative department, conducts performance reviews, stewards the professional development of creative staff and hires/fires as necessary
- Works closely with team to manage creative resources and allocation or alignment of talent
- Attends creative kickoffs, leads brainstorms and directs all creative requirements including copy, layout, illustration, final art and photography
- Directs agency creative work to ensure on-time and strategic delivery of final product
- Assists in selection of appropriate vendors for filming, videography, photography, talent selection, etc
- Reviews/approves weekly production forecast with production manager who advises of schedule and job status
- As required, oversees selection and management of all creative freelance services
- Creative conceptual person; highly discerning, demanding/able to inspire the best work
- Strong ability and desire to lead a creative team within an agency environment
- Persuasive communicator with strong presentation skills
- Leadership, management and mentorship focused
- Business minded; small agency organizational knowledge and understanding
- Ability to solve problems and form positive relationships with clients and Amélie staff alike
- College degree in a field related to advertising
- At least 15 years of agency experience, 3-5 years minimum as a Creative Director
- Impressive creative portfolio of conceptual, top level work that has produced results
- Strong understanding of integrated advertising campaign strategies and channel tactics
- Proven experience as a manager of creative professionals, managing a team of 4-10
- Understanding of behavior change, a plus
Please send resume and portfolio to email@example.com, and please include in your email where you found this job posting.