Executive Creative Director
The Executive Creative Director is responsible for the overall inspiration and supervision of the agency’s creative product, from understanding how insights inspire ideas, to concept development, design, copy and final execution. The ECD assigns all creative projects within the agency and approves all creative work before presented to the client.
Most of all, the Executive Creative Director should have a unique vision and point of view and be willing to inspire, create and fight for great work. The ECD works in partnership with the account service team to effectively deliver strategic creative campaigns, manages and mentors the creative department, and helps secure new business by developing winning pitches with the team. A strong desire to lead and proven management experience, managing a team of 10 to 20 employees is required.
The Executive Creative Director is part of the executive leadership team that includes other department heads and agency owners. This valued team member will have the opportunity for long-term career growth within the agency.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Directs the creative product, oversees creative solutions and strives for excellence from concept through completion of the work.
- Works closely with account service team to solve marketing problems through smart, strategic messaging that helps sell a product, ideas, or change attitudes and behaviors.
- Supervises the entire creative team including creative director(s), art directors, copywriters, production artists, illustrators, community managers, etc.
- Oversees selection and management of all creative freelance services.
- Sets goals for the creative department, conducts performance reviews, stewards the professional development of creative staff and hires/fires as necessary.
- Manages, mentors, trains and inspires the creative department.
- Responsible for overall productivity of the creative department, with a sharp eye on profitability.
- Works closely with Director of Production to manage creative resources.
- Works with strategic account planning and the account service team to assist in the development of campaign strategies and creative briefs that align with client goals and objectives.
- Attends creative kickoffs and brainstorms and directs all creative requirements including copy, layout, illustration, final art and photography.
- Reviews/approves weekly production status report with Director of Production who then advises agency of schedule and job status.
- Confirms client review and delivery schedules with traffic and account service team and assigns jobs to creative team.
- Directs all work to ensure on-time and strategic delivery of final product.
- In concert with Director of Production, selects vendors for jobs and is involved along with the creative and account service team in signing off on filming, videography, photography, talent selection, layouts, artwork, in-house proofs, pre-press proofs and press proofs.
- Represents agency at creative and professional functions.
- Creative IDEA person; highly discerning, demanding/able to inspire the best work
- Persuasive communicator with strong presentation skills
- Leadership, management and productivity focused
- Business minded; small agency organizational knowledge and understanding
- Charisma; ability to work with a diverse group of staff and clients
- College degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) in a field related to advertising
- At least 15 years of agency experience, 5-7 years minimum as a Creative Director;
Executive Creative Director experience a plus
- Mind-blowing portfolio of top level work that has produced results for clients
- National awards for paying client work
- Proven experience as a manager of creative professionals
- Strong understanding of integrated advertising campaign strategies and tactics
Please send resume and portfolio to email@example.com, and please include in your email where you found this job posting.