Assistant Account Executive
At Amélie, we believe in making a positive impact in people’s lives through the work we do. Many of our clients are driven by a noble purpose, and we strive to push the creative edge for them every day. We’re looking for a new fAmélie member to join us in this mission and grow together with us.
The Assistant Account Executive ideally has approximately one (1) year of agency account or project management experience and is responsible for assisting in the management of day-to-day duties for a portfolio of clients, developing skills to advance to the position of Account Executive (AE) within one to three years. The AAE will report into the Account Supervisor (AS), but directly supports both the AE and AS for assigned accounts.
- Accountable for on-time delivery of projects through collaboration with internal agency teams from inception through completion
- Support AE and AS in day-to-day management of projects, including timeline and budget tracking, and client communications
- Manage small-scale projects independently
- Provide daily project status updates to AE/AS on progress
- Coordination of and preparation for internal and client meetings
- Analysis and monitoring of client industry trends and competitive landscape
- Management of analytics reporting from all internal teams, ensuring readiness for client review
- Create client presentation decks, which may include industry and competitive research
- Develop project briefs for creative, production and channel team project kickoffs
- Review vendor bids with traffic/production team; present vendor bids to AE/AS
- Develop production estimates for client approval
- Write purchase orders for all approved outsourced products and services
- Manage budget tracking and develop client invoices
- Proofing, and, at times, some assistance with copywriting
- Maintain up-to-date client information, job status, and time entries in project management tool
- Participate in new business proposal and internal marketing efforts, as necessary
- Assist with primary and secondary research
- Propose and implement agency processes to increase workflow effectiveness
- Complete administrative tasks
Be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of client products/services, personalities and business culture (within 3 months)
- Work to anticipate needs and challenges both internally and with clients
- Have responsible business etiquette in written and verbal communication
- Understand the goal and innerworkings of each department at Amélie
- Recognize scope creep and know when and how to escalate issues to AE/AS
- Begin to own Amélie processes and help train others
- Gain knowledge of each agency department and industry best practices for various ad platforms and tactics
- 1 to 2 years of account or project management experience in marketing and/or advertising involving digital and traditional projects
- Strong interest in learning about the advertising industry
- Eagerness to learn the strategy of our client’s business and understand the overall marketing mix
- Detail-oriented, pride of ownership, organized, and a strategic-thinker
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and clients at once, while managing priorities
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- High level of professionalism and confidence in dealing directly with clients
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good with numbers and willingness to learn and be accountable for our financial process
- Ability to collaborate across account, creative and channel departments
- Highly motivated with the willingness to work some overtime
- An entrepreneurial, positive attitude and a desire to do good, meaningful work
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Summer Fridays!
- 1 Flex Spring Day
- A “Colorado Day” to enjoy the state
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Free parking!!!
- Oh, and we want to have fun. We work hard so that we can play hard—and have time for the things Colorado has to offer.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.