At Amélie, we believe in making a positive impact in people’s lives through the work we do. Many of our clients are driven by a noble purpose, and we strive to push the creative edge for them every day. We’re looking for a new fAmélie member to join us in this mission and grow with us together.
The Account Supervisor has 7 to 10 years of agency account management experience and is responsible for all agency services provided to assigned clients. This role will develop and maintain close relationships with key, day-to-day and senior-level client contacts, working to align Agency processes and deliverables with Client marketing objectives and expectations. The Supervisor bears responsibility for each account’s growth and profitability, and the professional development of junior account team members. This position will oversee at least one direct report and will report into the Managing Director of Account Management.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated superior performance as a Senior Account Manager, with advanced verbal/written communications skills, strategic and analytics thinking, creative collaboration, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics. The Supervisor must be a capable project and Account Manager with team-building skills and mentoring abilities. A clear understanding of today’s marketing and advertising business, a keen sense of entrepreneurship and a passion for advertising are essential. This role works independently or with an Account Director or Managing Director and at least one junior-level account person.
- Supervises all work within portfolio of assigned accounts, providing oversight and guidance on current work while also pursuing new opportunities
- Collaboratively responsible for development of long-term stability and growth of client(s)
- Develops, maintains expert knowledge of client business, industry, competition
- Ensures client relationships are positive and stable; and MD is immediately informed of any potential problems
- Alongside Strategy and Creative, develops client goals, objectives, strategies and briefs in accordance with client direction
- Presents strategies, creative concepts laddering up to creative brief, media plans, etc. to client, alone or in concert with team members
- Reviews campaign conceptual directions to ensure strategic cohesion (and can defend internally or with a client)
- Ensures assigned accounts have client needs met on a daily basis
- Approves and/or develops estimates, quotes and invoices to ensure budget requirements are met and profitability maintained
- Ensures financial management of accounts meets agency standards and are within assigned budget via monthly billing and forecasts
- Reviews media, PR and social media plans, and creative strategies before submission to clients and presents alternative or additional ideas as appropriate
- Regularly meets with Managing Director on status of client business and escalation needs
- Guides junior account team in skills development
- Supports agency/client contract negotiations
- Supports agency goal to become a creative force
- Completes administrative work, as required
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of agency experience
- Excellent written and oral communication ability, with a knack for client presentations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as search engines, trade journals, research reports and cross-tabulated survey data
- Ability to draft reports, presentations and general business correspondence
- Ability to effectively support presentation of research results to clients and other employees of the organization
- Excellent reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations to provide solutions and guidance to clients and other team members.
- Comfortable making decisions
- An entrepreneurial, positive attitude and a desire to do good, meaningful work
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Summer Fridays!
- 1 Flex Spring Day
- A “Colorado Day” to enjoy the state
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Free parking!!!
- Oh, and we want to have fun. We work hard so that we can play hard—and have time for the things Colorado has to offer.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.